Luksong Baka is a traditional Filipino game that originated from Bulacan, it involves the players jumping over the person called the “Baka”.
1. What are the equipment needed?
You will not need any equipment for Luksong baka.
2. What are the elements of health-related and skill-related fitness required for this game?
The element of health-related and skill-related fitness required for this game is power.
3. How do you play this game?
How to play Luksong Baka:
1. At the start of the game there should be one player that should be called “Taya” (It’) or in this game the “Bakang lala” (Cow).
2. The players should avoid contact or falling over the “Baka” player while jumping over.
3. The “Baka” player should start with a bend-down kneeling position (A “Baka” player bends over with his hands placed on his knees).
4. All players are to jump over the “Baka” until all the players have jumped. Once the 1st set of jumping over the “Baka” is done, the “Baka” player’s position will slowly rise-up after jumping over the “Baka” player.
5. Only the hands of the jumper may touch the back of the person who is bent over. If a player fails to avoid contact or fall over the “Baka”, he/she will replace the “Baka” player with a bend-down kneeling position (3), and the game continues until the all players decides to end the game.
4. What is the purpose or the goal of this game?
The main goal of the players is to successfully jump over the “Baka” without touching or falling over him/her. That means the player should jump very high which will test his power.
5. What are the tips you can give to win this game?
The tips I can give are have a good take off, keep you arms firm as you lean, and jump high